A voice of reason for the people of Minnesota.
I’m Phil Yetzer and I want to be your progressive voice in Minnesota House District 10B.
I bring with me the experience of being a hard worker, a public servant and small business owner.
I am the youngest of six children. My father was a high school agriculture teacher and my mother was an office secretary for a local business. I attended St Cloud State University earning a Bachelor of Science Degree in Industrial Studies. As part of my SCSU experience, I attended the University of Aalborg in Denmark as a foreign exchange student. I live in rural Crow Wing County with my wife, Brandy and two school aged children.
I know the value of hard work, and I have had part time jobs since the age of 13 and worked my way through college. After graduation, I spent my summer working on the Exxon Valdez oil spill cleanup. I then returned home to MN and started a career in the trucking business, first as a Teamster-represented dock worker, later in Account and Terminal Management. From there I earned my MN Building Contractor license and started a residential building/remodeling company. Eventually I chose to purchase and remodel a bankrupt restaurant in Crow Wing County which I operated from 2004-2017. Since 2009 I have been a licensed Real estate agent and currently support my family in this field.
I firmly believe community involvement is an important part of being an active citizen. I have been a member of the Emily Fire Department for over 5 years and currently serve as secretary of the organization. As the Chair of the Board of Supervisors in Fairfield Township I have had an opportunity to meet and get to know many friends and neighbors as we work together to overcome the challenges facing our township.
Serving as a Director on the Emily Cooperative Telephone Board has given me a chance to help our community upgrade to state-of-the-art internet technology so our residents, workers in local businesses, and children in our schools have the same chance for success as those who live in the cities.
• By being an active citizen I’ve worked hard to make my community a better place for everyone especially our children As your representative I will strive to be a voice of reason for House District 10B.
• In the Legislature, I will continue supporting local businesses in providing jobs and growth for our communities.
• My background in the trucking business helps me understand complex issues needed to stabilize transportation funding. I will be an informed voice on transportation legislation.
• Because healthcare is a main priority, I’ll work to allow individuals to get affordable, comprehensive coverage by joining MNCare at a group rate.
• I believe every school should provide students with fiber internet so that rural kids will have a level playing field with the city schools. I also plan to introduce prepaid college and trade school funding.
I’m in this race to represent people over politics so we can achieve more, stay healthy, and prosper here in District 10B. I’ll be happy to talk to you about this race. Contact me at Phil@YetzerForMN.com or by filling out the form on the Contact page.
We all do better when we all do better. Show up! Get involved! We need you!